If you are not a Nordic BTA member and want to receive the Nordic Newsletters, please sign up HERE.
Nordic | European | Global News
June 2021 | GBTA EU COVID Certificates (10th June 2021)
Following are details on how EU citizens will be able to get their COVID Certificates:
- National authorities are in charge of issuing the certificate, not the EU.
- It could, for example, be issued by test centres or national health authorities, or directly via an eHealth portal. This will vary country by country.
- Each issuing body (e.g., a hospital, a test centre, a health authority) has its own digital signature key. All of these are stored in a secure database in each country.
- The digital version can be stored on a mobile device, and citizens can also request a paper version.
- The European Commission has built a gateway through which all certificate signatures can be verified across the EU.
- The personal data of the certificate holder does not pass through the gateway, as this is not necessary to verify the digital signature.
- The European Commission also helped Member States to develop national software and apps to issue, store and verify certificates and supported them in the necessary tests to on-board the gateway.
Note that Member States have agreed on a common design that can be used for the electronic and paper versions to facilitate the recognition.
May 2021 | Business Travel News:
April 2021 | Business Travel News:
Europe’s buyers call for common approach to resume travel quickly